COVID-19: Keeping Our Patients, Team, And Community Safe
At Parkview Kids Dental & Orthodontics, our first and foremost goal is to help you and your family achieve optimal oral and overall health.
For everyone these days, staying healthy is a top priority – and for many, a visit to the dentist may be far from mind. Let us assure you of two things: dentistry is an essential health service, and the dentist’s office is one of the safest places for you to visit. After all, we are designed to prevent the spread of infectious disease and we have always followed the strict mandates and recommendations of our governing bodies. A dental practice has become one of the most sterile atmospheres you can be in next to a hospital operating room.
Throughout all restriction levels we could experience today and in the future, attending medical appointments (including dentistry) is essential. To help you get the critical professional oral care you need and want, here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe.
Our Focus Is On Safety.
Along with our already-stringent equipment and treatment room sterilization protocols, we are committed to:
• Pre-screening all patients for symptoms of illness via telephone & once again upon arrival. (See below to review the questions we’ll be asking you.)
• Taking your temperature upon arrival to check for fever.
• Rescheduling appointments for any patients showing symptoms or other risk factors.
• Providing alcohol-based hand gel throughout our practice in addition to soap, water, and single-use towels.
• Sterilizing all non-treatment areas including restrooms, waiting areas, and consultation rooms according to a strict routine and protocol.
• Wearing full PPE, e.g. masks, face shields, gloves, and don’t worry ... you’ll still see our smiles in our eyes!
• Social distancing by limiting the number of people in the practice at one time.
• Encouraging all new patients to complete and submit your confidential intake form online before your visit.
As COVID-19 continues to move through our community, it brings so many life changes, questions, and new practices at home, work, school, and the dental office. We thoroughly appreciate that the venturing away from home may cause anxiety. That’s why, in addition to safety, we’re focusing on two more areas to help you feel confident, comfortable, and safe at your next appointment.
If you have any questions whatsoever about attending our practice, please call! One of our team members will be happy to speak with you, clearly and honestly.
Treatment Plan Fulfilment
To ensure your most beautiful and healthy smile, it’s important that we continue to be proactive with your dental care, taking a preventive approach. If you’ve missed even one dental appointment, please call us today! Let’s get you back on track to achieve and maintain the excellent oral and overall health you deserve.
What Is Patient Screening?
As long as the threat of COVID-19 infection remains in our community, we will be screening patients before appointments by asking health-related questions. Screening will happen twice: over the phone when we confirm your date and time and when you arrive at the practice for your appointment.
To remove any mystery or nervousness around screening, here’s a sample of what we’ll be asking you...
• Do you have a fever?
• Have you felt hot or feverish or have had chills in the last two weeks?
• Do you have new shortness of breath or other breathing difficulties?
• Do you have any typical cold symptoms such as a cough, hoarse voice, sore throat, or a runny or congested nose?
• Are you experiencing unusual fatigue?
• Do you have a headache now or have you suffered from a headache in the past 2 weeks that’s unusual or long lasting?
• When swallowing, is there any difficulty?
• Any stomach or intestinal upset, including diarrhea?
• Do you have any symptoms of pink eye (conjunctivitis)?
• Have you experienced recent loss of taste or smell?
To keep everyone safe, if you answer yes to any of these questions, we may reschedule your appointment for when you are symptom-free.
Thank you for your understanding and especially for your trust in our team.
Whether you’re a current patient or new to us, please call us with your dental-related questions. We look forward to seeing your smile soon!